VENTA CARE CENTRE QUALITY CONTINUING CARE
13525 102 Street Edmonton, AB,T5E 4K3 Phone: 780 476-6633
Advance Care Planning is the process of thinking about, talking about, and documenting your wishes about health care.
There are five steps:
(1) Think about your wishes and values about health care;
(2) Learn about your own health;
(3) Choose someone to make decisions and speak on your behalf (your agent);
(4) Communicate your wishes and values about health care; and
(5) Document your plan in a personal directive.
Goals of Care are designations used by healthcare providers to describe general aims of your health care and the preferred location of that care.
They guide your healthcare team to provide timely care that is both medically appropriate and reflects your values and wishes.
There are three general approaches to goals of care: resuscitative care, medical care, and comfort care.
Resuscitative care includes intensive medical