Our history & our future
Venta Care Centre is a continuing care facility established in 1953, owned and operated by the Birzgalis family. For more than 60 years, Venta Care Centre has been providing exemplary continuing care for Edmonton seniors. Venta Care Centre offers a home-like environment with respect for each person’s dignity and individuality. Each resident is a member of our family with unique strengths and needs.
To be the Long Term Care Facility of choice that anticipates and strives to meet expectations for continuing enhancement and improvement of quality care and services to our Residents, that result in their overall satisfaction through health and wellness best practice promotion.
To provide each Resident with the best possible support and professional quality care and service through the provision of safe, individualized, compassionate, competent, ethical and emotional, spiritual and social continuing care services.
- We are passionate and support safe, compassionate, competent and ethical Resident Care.
- We are sensitive and responsive to our customers needs while promoting their health and well-being.
- We are committed to high standards and doing things right while preserving dignity.
- We have a transparent culture by taking responsibility for our actions and our decisions while promoting and respecting informed decision making, through an integrated team approach.
- We foster innovation through learning and research while maintaining privacy, safety and confidentiality.
- We embrace change and best practice through ongoing education and reviews.
- We have honest and open communication with our staff, physicians, residents, families and community colleagues.
- We care about each other and embrace diversity and accountability.
- We support each other and work as a team with respect and trust.
- We support professional and personal growth.
- We support our communities through involvement and accountability.
- We celebrate our successes and promote justice and fairness.
- We facilitate discussion and decision making with respect to ethical issues in health and health care.
- We promote and support health and safety in the workplace.
- We support fair and equitable resource allocation and decision making to ensure safety and innovation.
Our Philosophy is:
Each person is unique. Each has value, goals, strengths, limitations, rights and responsibilities. Each person has developed within a society and is influenced by social attitudes, culture, spiritual beliefs and the environment. Venta Care Centre exists to provide the best possible care to all residents regardless of age, sex, race, religion or beliefs.
Each resident is involved in the decision to enter the facility, provides input into their care plan, and in the decision to go back to the community. While a resident at the Care Centre, maximum independence is encouraged and promoted by health care members. Families and friends’ involvement in care is paramount to adjustment and happiness in care.
Venta Care Centre believes in the provision of creative, humanistic and individualized care. Optimal care services are provided to the extent possible within the guidelines of care established and funded by Capital Health. A continuum of services across the community is available and these services are utilized wherever appropriate.